Sunday, November 20, 2011

Restless Day

Michelle here.
We have had one of those days that you wish you could just start over. It is not like anything horrible has happen today but just a collection of little things that somehow wear you thin. It amazes me at times that we can come out from such a huge event where God clearly showed his power, grace and love and how easily you can stray into trying to control, worry or figure things out again on our own. God obviously has this and Ryan yet we still cling to having a role bigger than just resting in Him and loving her. My mom sent me this reading last night and I re-read it today and I found encouragement in its words..."Leave outcomes up to me. Follow me wherever I lead, without worrying about how it will turn out. Think of your life as an adventure, with me as your guide and companion. Live in the now, concentrating on staying in step. When our path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with my help. When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed in my presence. Enjoy the rhythm of a life lived close to me."

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, you are such a trooper! One can't help but get warn down to a nub after enduring for such a long time!It is human nature and pure exhaustion to lose grip of our peace at times. The key is to not get lost in it. I praise God that you have encouragers around you to help bring you back into focus. I know as the time gets longer people tend to get back into their lives and not be as fervent in following what is happening with you & your family & praying. But I want you to know we are still here, thinking of you often and praying for you & your family constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with what Jody said---LOVE YOU BOTH so much...you are such beautiful examples of faith and love and I can't imagine how your emotions are feeling exHAUSTED at this point...WE LOVE YOU. Praying for you and of course sweet Ryan-----XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete