Monday, December 12, 2011

Steadfast heart

Hi there all,

I read these two poems and I found them inspiring and thought I would share :)

"Give me, O Lord, A steadfast heart, Which no unworthy affection may drag downwards; Give me an unconquered heart, which no tribulation can wear out; Give me an upright heart, which no unworthy purpose may tempt aside. Bestow on me also, O Lord my God, understanding to know You, diligence to seek You, wisdom to find You, and faithfulness that may finally embrace You, through Jesus Christ our Lord."
-Thomas Aquinas

"Many a questioning, many a fear, Many a doubt hath its quieting here. Moment by moment, let down from heaven, Time, opportunity, guidance are given. Fear not tomorrows, child of the King- Trust them with Jesus. Do the next thing!"
-Elizabeth Elliot

Thanks for your continual prayers!! -m

No comments:

Post a Comment