Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cardiac Cath

Michelle and I had our weekly care team meeting today. The current plan is to get Ryan to the OR on Tuesday for a cardiac catheterization. This will give us a good look at the pressures in her heart. Also, due to the blockage of her BT shunt they will be placing a stint in her shunt and also one in her pulmonary valve. This will assure us that she is getting the appropriate blood flow to her lungs. Once she has a few days to recover we will continue with our last attempt at extubating her. If she is unsuccessful then we will move forward with the tracheostomy. We are looking at another month or two in the hospital but at least there is discussion about going home. Thanks for all the prayers, Jared

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you both as each day passes. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We look everyday for updates and can't wait for the message that says you are all headed home together.